English Teacher in Training for AIM School
Hurry!!!This job application will be closed on 19 September 2019. Apply Now
|Educate/Train/Teaching, English Literature|
|Full time job|
|19 September 2019|
|At least 2 years|
AIM School, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for a Cambodian national to fill the position of full-time English Teacher in Training(TNT). AIM School is a Christian school located at km 11 on National Road 5, outside of Phnom Penh. Please email us for a full job description and application form.
JOB PURPOSE: Become a professional teacher through the completion of one-year teacher certification program that includes academic knowledge combined with practical skills, resulting in a commitment to teach to the standards of AIM School.
- Adhere to AIM’s Mission, Vision, Values and Statement of Faith.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, regularly attending church. Follow Biblical moral standards inside and outside of school, living and working to be a good example like Christ.
- Be a model of humility, emotional maturity, patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and compassion.
- Attend and actively participate in trainings to learn about a variety of topics related to personal, spiritual, and professional growth, as well as policies and procedures.
- Attend all courses of the teacher training certification program, actively participating and completing all homework and reading assignments as directed. Topics covered include (but not limited to) classroom management, appropriate disciplining of children, how to effectively prepare for teaching (lesson plans and goals), caring for students, record keeping, curriculum, philosophy of education, and much more.
- Learn from, observe and assist the head teacher and share responsibility for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the students.
- Learn to plan and prepare lessons (daily and weekly lesson plans) to deliver AIM School curriculum and practice teaching under direction of the teacher trainer.
- Learn to maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Communicate as directed with parents and social workers over all aspects of children’s education, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Participate in visiting students’ homes with head teacher, as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior.
- Willingness to learn and accept western style teaching methods.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or teacher trainer.
- Education: High School graduate preferred
- Experience: Two- years successful experience working with children (in school, work or church context)
- Must be Christian
- No criminal record
- Active member of a local Christian church
- Pastor’s reference
Skills and Abilities
- Feel gifted and called by God to work with children
- Strong desire to become a professional teacher
- Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken
- A good command of English: written and spoken (required for English TNT)
- Basic computer skills
- Work well on a team
- Ability to prepare and plan effectively
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
- Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family
- Paid holidays
- Lunch provided
- Salary for this position will be based on experience and qualifications