Sponsorship Intern for World Vision Cambodia
|Business Administration, Customer Service/Support, Internship|
|Full time job|
|31st July 2019|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (50) qualified local candidate to fill in the position below:
Position : Sponsorship Intern
Location : Phnom Penh
Salary : 150 USD
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Communication between sponsors and children is still a fundamental part of sponsorship operations. Each day, sponsorship team handles hundreds of correspondences, sending them back and forth between the APs, SOs, and Sponsors. To ensure an accurate communication, Sponsorship volunteers for correspondences will be translating the letters/cards between sponsors and children from English to Khmer and vice versa. They will also assist sponsorship correspondence team to conduct content and quality check over letters/cards and packages before sending them out through our local and international courier services.
- Assist SAC in collecting sponsor letters/cards and pouches from the Sponsorship mail box
- Review the quality of the letters/cards and its content especially the Khmer passage of the sponsored children, translate the message from Khmer into English and English to Khmer.
- Match child IDs and their letters/cards, insert them in the correct envelope type, then send them out to SO/Sponsors via DHL
- Prepare the disqualified child letters/cards and return them to the Area Program (AP)
- Daily update the Progress Report of sponsored letter/cards and child reply letters sent/received
- Daily update the report of the returned child reply letters to/from APs daily
- Stick child related photos onto letters/card and seal them in correct envelopes
- Match sealed envelopes with sponsor mailing labels and stick them before mailing out
As part of the World Vision Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization. We recommend applying for the certificate upon application submission.
- Intermediate level English knowledge in writing
- Knowledge of administrative or customer service work is a plus.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word and Excel).
- Willing to work as a team and willing to learn.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks under a specific turn-around time
- Please follow the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia, Download the WV application form and APPLY ONLINE submitting your World Vision Application Form, CV and Cover Letter.
- If you cannot see the job announcement on World Vision website through the link above(1):
Please attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 31st July 2019, at 5:00 PM
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052
|National Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|