Adolescent, Youth and Gender Technical Specialist for World Vision Cambodia
|24th July 2019|
|$970 - $1,212|
|At least 3 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) qualified local candidate to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : NO-FY19-F055
Position : Adolescent, Youth and Gender Technical Specialist
Location : National Office
Salary : 970 - 1,212 USD
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for technical oversight of WVI-Cambodia’s IMPACT program model in the sectors of Adolescent and Youth Participation in order to maximise impact of programming in the lives of vulnerable children in Cambodia, and facilitating gender review, analysis and strengthening within WVI-Cambodia’s technical programs and technical project model.
- Oversight and coordination of IMPACT program model, working to ensure technical approaches, model design and adaptation, and model tools and guidance are relevant and high quality, contributing to evidence of the sustained well-being of children in communities in alignment with WVI-Cambodia National Strategy and Our Promise 2030.
- Development of technical capacity building planning (and delivery when appropriate) for TPOs and TPCs on IMPACT program model to ensure programme implementation in Cambodia is a high standard.
- Facilitate gender review, analysis and strengthening within WVI-C’s Technical Program models, support capacity building to PQI staff on gender inclusion programming, and contribute in the design of new programs, pilots and grant proposals as required to offer a gender sensitive perspective.
- Engagement and participation in relevant communities of practice, partner discussions and networks to ensure WVI-C’s programming is reflective of best practice and lessons learned in the sector.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB
Technical Design, Learning and Innovation
- Develop and maintain expertise in IMPACT program model, ensuring thorough understanding of global model requirements and developments in global thinking on the model.
- Develop (and revise as required) program log frame and M&E framework, ensuring design meets expected WV quality standards and also is contextually relevant.
- Design and develop program monitoring and evaluation tools and guidance to contribute to building model evidence base. Support interpretation of data, making recommendations and actioning program adjustments based on data.
- Develop quality assurance framework and tools; support TPM and TPOs in implementation of quality assurance for specific model. Lead review of learning from quality assurance, making recommendations for program adjustments.
- Advise TPMs and TPOs on model adaptation at local level, making adjustments to TP design through analysis of results and learning.
- Identify research and learning opportunities for the model to build evidence on the validity of the Pathway of Change and programme design.
Technical Capacity Building
- Develop IMPACT program model capacity building plans and on-going capacity building for technical implementation team (TPO and TPCs) in order implement model against programme standards. Capacity building plans to take into consideration content and competency needs of TPOs and TPCs.
- Lead on capacity building of TPOs in IMPACT program model technical content and competencies (trainings and coaching), and support capacity building training of TPCs.
- Model and promote a service mindset focused on enabling frontline staff.
Facilitate gender review, analysis and strengthening within program
- Working with PQI technical units, facilitate the review, analysis and action planning regarding gender inclusion and sensitivity within Technical Program models.
- Capacity build PQI staff in understanding gender inclusion and sensitivity.
- Participate in national and global dialogues on gender, ensuring new and relevant research and best practice are shared within WVI-Cambodia.
- Participate in design of new programs, pilots and grant proposals as required to offer a gender sensitive perspective.
- Support TPMs in reviewing and interpreting TP gender disaggregated data for annual reports.
External Engagement and Representation
- Proactive engagement with WV Global Center communities of practice around specific global models, ensuring WVI-Cambodia has the most up to date information on program standards, best practice and evidence. Makes recommendations for inclusion or adaptation of new guidance from WV Global Center.
- Proactive engagement of counter-parts at peer agencies to identify opportunities for coordination and shared learning.
- Represents WVI-Cambodia within relevant technical or coordination groups/consortia on issues related to adolescent and youth participation.
- Support as required technical input to relevant proposals, ensuring program evidence base and integrity is represented.
- Contribution to development of sector advocacy agenda.
As part of the World Vision Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization. We recommend applying for the certificate upon application submission.
- Master’s Degree in development or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree in development or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Strong technical understanding of sector/model; able to clearly communicate drivers for change in technical area
- Strong understanding of programme or project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in analysing and solving problems, persuading, networking and negotiating
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring thoroughness and accuracy
- Ability to plan ahead while anticipating obstacles
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team as a positive contributor.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) required.
- At least 3 years of experience in a NGO sector technical role in a developing context
- Experience in representation to technical staff in INGOs and/or technical networks or working groups
- Review our full job description and information related our Adolescent and Youth Participation project that are attached here:
- Please follow the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia, Download the WV application form and APPLY ONLINE submitting your World Vision Application Form, CV and Cover Letter.
- If you cannot see the job announcement on World Vision website through the link above(1):
Please copy job ID: NO-FY19-F055 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Tel: 023 216 052 Ext: 121
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing Date 24 July 2019 5:00PM
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052
|National Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|